This week’s jam is hosted by Tigard Ukulele Group
Hello everyone, this is Karen from Tigard Ukulele Group. I hope that you’re all doing well during these crazy times and staying safe. Here is Canada Part Two virtual ukulele jam with songs featuring Canadian bands. I’m Canadian, lived there from when I was age 4-30 (Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa), and wanted to share some of our music with you. Here’s some of the songs that didn’t make the cut from my playlist in March.
Songs for April 19th
- Big Yellow Taxi – Joni Mitchell
- I’m With You – Avril Lavigne
- Snowbird – Anne Murray
- Sometimes When we Touch – Dan Hill
- Summer Of ’69 – Bryan Adams
- Takin’ Care of Business – Bachman-Turner Overdrive
- Time Stand Still – Rush
- Working For The Weekend – Loverboy
If you want to listen to the songs beforehand, here is the Spotify Playlist:
Download the weekly songs here: https://www.tigardukes.com/this-weeks-songs Anyone who is interested in doing a solo is welcome to! Please indicate your interest in the chat when you sign in so that we can get a count. We might not be able to get to everyone but would love to give you a chance to play in front of other people if we can.
How to Join
Open this Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/662809707
Use this week’s password: 092004
Donate to Artichoke Music here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DYW32W4M8855Y&source=url
Helpful Zoom Tips
- Zoom is like a video chat with multiple people. Just click the link, and then it will prompt you to download the software. You can run it on your computer, but you can use it on your phone too. It will be difficult to have everyone playing altogether because of latency, so the leader will mute everyone during the song so you’ll hear just the leader singing and playing, and then we’ll unmute between songs so that we can chat.
- Have your music book available on a different device than you’re using for the Zoom (for example, Zoom on your computer or phone, and music on your tablet).”See” you Sunday!
We can only have 100 people on at a time, first come first served