Sunday, April 4th from 2-3 Pacific Time on Zoom
Who’s Hosting This Sunday’s Virtual Jam?
This week’s jam is hosted by Karen Chow from Tigard Ukulele group. When we can gather in person, TUG meets every Sunday from 2-4 in Tualatin at the Winona Grange. We play songs for all levels. If you only know C, F and G, then you’ll do fine! We also play some more challenging songs and always try to learn something new. Find out more about TUG here. This week Karen chose her favorite songs about unity and hope:
- Ebony and Ivory – Paul McCartney
- Everybody – Ingrid Michelson
- Get Together – The Youngbloods
- I Can See Clearly Now – Johnny Nash
- Joy To The World – Three Dog Night
- Life’s What You Make It – Graham Colton
- Make Your Own Kind Of Music – Cass Elliot
- Why Can’t We Be Friends – War
- You’ve Got a Friend – Carole King
If you want to listen to the songs on Spotify, they are here:
Download the weekly songs here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1obqmnIlH9dS0E4Dx4yvd_NlTDx37kJRn?mc_cid=a930b95f4e&mc_eid=0c9b01c7a2
Anyone who is interested in doing a solo is welcome to! Please indicate your interest in the chat when you sign in so that we can get a count. We might not be able to get to everyone but would love to give you a chance to play in front of other people if we can.
How to Join
Open this Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84656054596?pwd=MVlYeDlLYUpBNHNJb3ptalp3WmN6UT09
Meeting ID: 846 5605 4596
Donate to Portland Musicians Relief Fund who says: “The Covid-19 pandemic put musicians, club owners, sound technicians, recording studios, and countless others out of work. Funds will be awarded to these displaced workers to get them through these trying times.”
Helpful Zoom Tips
- Zoom is like a video chat with multiple people. Just click the link, and then it will prompt you to download the software. You can run it on your computer, but you can use it on your phone too. It will be difficult to have everyone playing altogether because of latency, so the leader will mute everyone during the song so you’ll hear just the leader singing and playing, and then we’ll unmute between songs so that we can chat.
- Have your music book available on a different device than you’re using for the Zoom (for example, Zoom on your computer or phone, and music on your tablet).”See” you Sunday!
We can only have 100 people on at a time, first come first served.