Sunday, December 12th from 2-3 Pacific Time on Zoom (see link below)
Who’s Hosting This Sunday’s Virtual Jam?
This week’s jam is hosted by Karen Chow from Tigard Ukulele group. COVID may have cancelled our plans to share these songs in person, but it can’t keep us from spreading some holiday cheer! Please join us for this virtual holiday jam!
Songs for December 12th
- A Holly Jolly Christmas
- Frosty The Snowman
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
- I Have a Little Dreidel
- I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
- Jingle Bell Rock
- Mele Kalikimaka
- Nuttin’ For Christmas
- Rockin Around the Christmas Tree
- Silent Night
- We Three Kings
Download songs here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1birJ4UqNwA-oeCS9zOx7qK3XZCfRf5Cn?usp=sharing
Spotify playlist here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4hCfwJonaRq4YqvSGGHk6U?si=82fd548cfb264317
Anyone who is interested in doing a solo is welcome to! Please indicate your interest in the chat when you sign in so that we can get a count. We might not be able to get to everyone but would love to give you a chance to play in front of other people if we can.
Schedule Change for the New Year
With a limited number of volunteers available to lead jams, beginning in January PDX Virtual Uke Jam will meet only on the 2nd and 4th Sundays. Our first jam in the new year will be on January 9th. Please contact us if you would be interested in leading a jam.
How to Join
Open this Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84656054596?pwd=MVlYeDlLYUpBNHNJb3ptalp3WmN6UT09
Meeting ID: 846 5605 4596
Check out Andrew Molina’s new online course!
Andrew provides his knowledge, experiences, emotion, and defined ukulele vision to enable you to develop your own unique sound. His ability to encourage, motivate, and explain will keep your skills growing until you hit your dream level of ukulele craft. Don’t take our word for it – see for yourself! https://andrewmolinaukuleleacademy.teachable.com/
Helpful Zoom Tips
- Zoom is like a video chat with multiple people. Just click the link, and then it will prompt you to download the software. You can run it on your computer, but you can use it on your phone too. It will be difficult to have everyone playing altogether because of latency, so the leader will mute everyone during the song so you’ll hear just the leader singing and playing, and then we’ll unmute between songs so that we can chat.
- Have your music book available on a different device than you’re using for the Zoom (for example, Zoom on your computer or phone, and music on your tablet).”See” you Sunday!
We can only have 100 people on at a time, first come first served.