Sunday, December 5th from 2-3 Pacific Time on Zoom (see link below)
Who’s Hosting This Sunday’s Virtual Jam?
This week’s jam is hosted by Sarah from Tigard Ukulele Group (TUG). When we can gather in person, TUG meets every Sunday from 2-4 in Tualatin at the Winona Grange. We play songs for all levels. If you only know C, F and G, then you’ll do fine! We also play some more challenging songs and always try to learn something new.
Songs for December 5th
- The Fox
- You Don’t Know Me
- Tonight You Belong to Me
- Enjoy Yourself
- One Love
- The Times They Are a Changin’
- Let Her Go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBumgq5yVrA
- You Didn’t Have to Be So Nice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIM579H-f7Y
- Christmas Island
Download the weekly songs here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1obqmnIlH9dS0E4Dx4yvd_NlTDx37kJRn?mc_cid=a930b95f4e&mc_eid=0c9b01c7a2
Anyone who is interested in doing a solo is welcome to! Please indicate your interest in the chat when you sign in so that we can get a count. We might not be able to get to everyone but would love to give you a chance to play in front of other people if we can.
Schedule Change for the New Year
With a limited number of volunteers available to lead jams, beginning in January PDX Virtual Uke Jam will meet only on the 2nd and 4th Sundays. Our first jam in the new year will be on January 9th. Please contact us if you would be interested in leading a jam.
How to Join
Open this Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84656054596?pwd=MVlYeDlLYUpBNHNJb3ptalp3WmN6UT09
Meeting ID: 846 5605 4596
December 12th Holiday Concert cancelled
The December 12th Holiday concert has been cancelled. We will use the same playlist for an online jam.
Check out Andrew Molina’s new online course!
Andrew provides his knowledge, experiences, emotion, and defined ukulele vision to enable you to develop your own unique sound. His ability to encourage, motivate, and explain will keep your skills growing until you hit your dream level of ukulele craft. Don’t take our word for it – see for yourself! Andrew Molina Ukulele Academy | Andrew Molina Ukulele Academy (teachable.com)
Helpful Zoom Tips
- Zoom is like a video chat with multiple people. Just click the link, and then it will prompt you to download the software. You can run it on your computer, but you can use it on your phone too. It will be difficult to have everyone playing altogether because of latency, so the leader will mute everyone during the song so you’ll hear just the leader singing and playing, and then we’ll unmute between songs so that we can chat.
- Have your music book available on a different device than you’re using for the Zoom (for example, Zoom on your computer or phone, and music on your tablet).”See” you Sunday!
We can only have 100 people on at a time, first come first served