Ukulele Fans of Oregon Announces The Luongo Ukulele Experience
Peter Luongo is a Master Teacher with over 30 years of experience & Musical Director of the internationally acclaimed Langley Ukulele Ensemble in the Documentary Film, The Mighty Uke. (He is James Hill’s teacher)
Classes for Levels 1, 2, 3 & a Singing class. Uke classes are limited to 30 students.
October 6 & 7, 2018
Red Lion, 3301 Market Street, NE, Salem
For more details on pricing and how to register, click here.
Want to Play at the Oregon State Fair?
The McMinnville Uke Group was invited to perform at the Oregon State Fair on August 31st at 5pm. They need 5 more players to join them. Please let me know if you are interested. (I’ll be joining them)
Avery Hill has 2 Great Workshops this Summer
Ukulele Chords Up the Neck
Saturday, June 30, 2018
2 parts Ukulele Ensemble a-la James Hill
Tuesdays, July 10 and July 24, 2018
Our Ukestration update
Our three-week songs are ending today. This Sunday will be the last chance to practice our calypso strum with Sway and to memorize that first verse of I Will.
Watch a demonstration of the calypso strum:
Songs for July 1st
- C Maj + Chromatic + C Pentatonic
- Here Comes the Rain again
- Pearly Shells
- White Sandy Beach
- Sway (3-week project – practice your calypso strum)
- Bye and Bye I’m goin’ to see the king (Watch a great uke version here)
- House of the Rising Sun (4-week Ukestration – remember to really feel that first beat)
- Have You Ever Seen the Rain
- Five Years Time
-Break- -Open Mic (so bring a song to share)-
- I Will (Memorize this song! Practice it with your eyes closed)
- The Boxer
- Right Here Waiting for you
- Jolene (Avery review)
- Love Potion #9
We are pausing Ensemble group for the summer.