Sunday, July 12th from 2-3 on Zoom
Who’s Hosting This Sunday’s Virtual Jam?
This week’s jam is hosted by Claire Ishii. Claire has been leading the M.C. Jammers for over 8 years. This weekly jam, which until recently had been held at the Milwaukie Center, started when Claire and a few friends took up the ukulele and saw how much fun it could be. They urged staff at M.C. to start holding uke lessons there. They were surprised when the center scheduled not only a beginning ukulele class, but also a weekly jam. Despite knowing little more than the basics of playing the uke, Claire found herself designated to lead the jam.
Fast forward eight years. The M.C. Jammers have become one of the most successful drop-in activities at the center. To keep the camaraderie going, Claire recently joined the momentum behind virtual Zoom jams. She holds the jams every Thursday morning from 9:30 to about 11:00. If you wish to take part in this jam, email Claire along with your name and phone number. She’ll add you to the invitation list. Her email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Songs for July 12th
• Dream Lover
• Summertime Blues
• Love Will Keep Us Together
• Tiny Bubbles/Pearly Shells
• Four Strong Winds
• Sunny Afternoon
• Down on the Corner
• I’m Yours
• Blowin’ in the Wind
Download the weekly songs here: https://www.tigardukes.com/this-weeks-songs Anyone who is interested in doing a solo is welcome to! Please indicate your interest in the chat when you sign in so that we can get a count. We might not be able to get to everyone but would love to give you a chance to play in front of other people if we can.
How to Join
Open this Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/662809707?pwd=WWgrcTd3b2Y5ZXluVnRuaU5sSmM5Zz09
Donate to Artichoke Music here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DYW32W4M8855Y&source=url
Helpful Zoom Tips
1. Zoom is like a video chat with multiple people. Just click the link, and then it will prompt you to download the software. You can run it on your computer, but you can use it on your phone too. It will be difficult to have everyone playing altogether because of latency, so the leader will mute everyone during the song so you’ll hear just the leader singing and playing, and then we’ll unmute between songs so that we can chat.
2. Have your music book available on a different device than you’re using for the Zoom (for example, Zoom on your computer or phone, and music on your tablet).”See” you Sunday!
3. We can only have 100 people on at a time, first come first served.