Sunday, July 19th from 2-2:40 pm PST on Zoom
Zoom Meeting: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/2083750832?pwd=dmlFSW1VV2hQNWRmUFBlUlgxVnQwQT09
Meeting ID: 208 375 0832
Who’s Hosting This Sunday’s Virtual Jam?
This week’s jam is hosted by Karen Chow from Tigard Ukulele group. Karen is a classically trained pianist, and is also a multi-instrumentalist, having played piano, organ, bass, flute, drums, and now ukulele. This week we would like to share some songs from around the world, in different languages. You’ll notice that both Angel and I picked songs by Edith Piaf, so she’s a winner in our books.
Songs for July 19th
- Aloha Ka Manini – Israel Kamakawiwoʻole (Sarah)
- Indonesia Pusaka – Bandanaira (Lily)
- La Vie en Rose (English/Spanish) – Edith Piaf (Angel)
- Nur ein Wort – Wir Sind Helden (Karen)
- Padam Padam – Edith Piaf (Karen)
- Rozhinkes mit Mandlen – Abraham Goldfaden (Linda)
- 跳飛機 – Sunny 哥哥(Karen)
8. Que Veux-Tu – Yelle (Karen)
Download chord charts here:
Spotify Playlist here:
Anyone who is interested in doing a solo is welcome to! Please indicate your interest in the chat when you sign in so that we can get a count. We might not be able to get to everyone but would love to give you a chance to play in front of other people if we can.
How to Join
Open this Zoom link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/2083750832?pwd=dmlFSW1VV2hQNWRmUFBlUlgxVnQwQT09
Donate to Artichoke Music here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DYW32W4M8855Y&source=url
This will be our last jam before we take a summer break. We will regroup in the fall. Thank you so much for being part of our group, and we hope you have a great summer!
Helpful Zoom Tips
1. Zoom is like a video chat with multiple people. Just click the link, and then it will prompt you to download the software. You can run it on your computer, but you can use it on your phone too. It will be difficult to have everyone playing altogether because of latency, so the leader will mute everyone during the song so you’ll hear just the leader singing and playing, and then we’ll unmute between songs so that we can chat.
2. Have your music book available on a different device than you’re using for the Zoom (for example, Zoom on your computer or phone, and music on your tablet).”See” you Sunday!
3. We can only have 100 people on at a time, first come first served.