Sunday, July 24th, from 2-3 Pacific Time on Zoom (see link below)
Who’s Hosting This Sunday’s Virtual Jam?
This week’s jam is hosted by Sarah from Tigard Ukulele Group (TUG). When we can gather in person, TUG meets every Sunday from 2-4 in Tualatin at the Winona Grange. We play songs for all levels. If you only know C, F and G, then you’ll do fine! We also play some more challenging songs and always try to learn something new.
This week Sarah has chosen songs she learned from her dad who loves jazz, musicals and love! Valentine’s Day is long gone, but we hope you’ll come join us for some classic love songs this Sunday.
Songs for July 24th
- Blame it on My Youth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSxcZ9A2BpE
- I’ve Never Been in Love Before https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX1iKx7J1Is
- As Time Goes By
- No Moon At All https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlUu3yrlYps
- I Get Along Without You Very Well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgbPHTBiAVQ
- Moonglow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PXVtOmucMw
- Isn’t It Romantic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oahNgKxNSo
- Everything Happens to Me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaGl6zd3rHg
- You Belong to Me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQfF84ackMM
Download the weekly songs here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1obqmnIlH9dS0E4Dx4yvd_NlTDx37kJRn?mc_cid=a930b95f4e&mc_eid=0c9b01c7a2
Anyone who is interested in doing a solo is welcome to! Please indicate your interest in the chat when you sign in so that we can get a count. We might not be able to get to everyone but would love to give you a chance to play in front of other people if we can.
Got uke? Got bike?
July 29, as part of Pedalpalooza, there will be a ukulele jam ride. We’ll meet at 6 at Colonel Sommers Park in SE Portland, playing a few songs led by Avery Hill at 6:30, then ride to other destinations around inner SE/NE Portland. The rides will be at a gentle pace on low-auto-traffic streets. Each destination Avery will lead songs in a different key (hint, we start in C for Colonel S. Park). Folks with other acoustic instruments they can carry by bicycle, or who just want to sing along without playing, are most welcome. More details at the link below. Please share freely!! Ukulele Jam Ride: Pedal, Play, Sing, Repeat! – Calendar – Shift (shift2bikes.org)
How to Join
Open this Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84656054596?pwd=MVlYeDlLYUpBNHNJb3ptalp3WmN6UT09
Meeting ID: 846 5605 4596
Helpful Zoom Tips
- Zoom is like a video chat with multiple people. Just click the link, and then it will prompt you to download the software. You can run it on your computer, but you can use it on your phone too. It will be difficult to have everyone playing altogether because of latency, so the leader will mute everyone during the song so you’ll hear just the leader singing and playing, and then we’ll unmute between songs so that we can chat.
- Have your music book available on a different device than you’re using for the Zoom (for example, Zoom on your computer or phone, and music on your tablet).”See” you Sunday!
We can only have 100 people on at a time, first come first served.