Sunday, June 13th from 2-3 Pacific Time on Zoom (see link below)
Who’s Hosting This Sunday’s Virtual Jam?
This week’s jam is hosted by Karen Chow from Tigard Ukulele group. This week’s songs cover songs from the 60s to present, and she hopes you enjoy the song selection this week.
Songs for June 6th
- Angel from Montgomery
- Daydream Believer
- Do You Believe In Magic
- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Happy Anywhere https://youtu.be/UcLSjQx8GXA
- Happy Together
- Instant Crush https://youtu.be/a5uQMwRMHcs
- Island In The Sun https://youtu.be/0C3zgYW_FAM
If you want to listen to the songs on Spotify, they are here:
Download the weekly songs here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1obqmnIlH9dS0E4Dx4yvd_NlTDx37kJRn?mc_cid=a930b95f4e&mc_eid=0c9b01c7a2
Anyone who is interested in doing a solo is welcome to! Please indicate your interest in the chat when you sign in so that we can get a count. We might not be able to get to everyone but would love to give you a chance to play in front of other people if we can.
How to Join
Open this Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84656054596?pwd=MVlYeDlLYUpBNHNJb3ptalp3WmN6UT09
Meeting ID: 846 5605 4596
Donate to Portland Musicians Relief Fund who says: “The Covid-19 pandemic put musicians, club owners, sound technicians, recording studios, and countless others out of work. Funds will be awarded to these displaced workers to get them through these trying times.”
Helpful Zoom Tips
- Zoom is like a video chat with multiple people. Just click the link, and then it will prompt you to download the software. You can run it on your computer, but you can use it on your phone too. It will be difficult to have everyone playing altogether because of latency, so the leader will mute everyone during the song so you’ll hear just the leader singing and playing, and then we’ll unmute between songs so that we can chat.
- Have your music book available on a different device than you’re using for the Zoom (for example, Zoom on your computer or phone, and music on your tablet).”See” you Sunday!
We can only have 100 people on at a time, first come first served.