Sunday, November 15th from 2-3 Pacific Time on Zoom
Who’s Hosting This Sunday’s Virtual Jam?
This week’s session is being hosted by Karen Chow from Tigard Ukulele Group (TUG). Karen is a classically trained pianist, and is also a multi-instrumentalist, having played piano, organ, bass, flute, drums, and now ukulele. This week Karen chose some uplifting songs, with some three chord songs in there which are great for beginners.
Songs for November 15th
- Dreams – Fleetwood Mac
- Dynamite – BTS
- Ex’s & Oh’s – Elle King
- Party In The U.S.A. – Miley Cyrus
- Top Of The World – Carpenters
- Up & Up – Coldplay
- What’s Up – 4 Non Blondes
- You And I – Ingrid Michelson
- You’re So Vain – Carly Simon
If you want to listen to the songs on Spotify, they are here:
Download the weekly songs here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1obqmnIlH9dS0E4Dx4yvd_NlTDx37kJRn
Anyone who is interested in doing a solo is welcome to! Please indicate your interest in the chat when you sign in so that we can get a count. We might not be able to get to everyone but would love to give you a chance to play in front of other people if we can.
How to Join
Open this Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82619058853?pwd=cmlvWW9ER2pDOFVmaGJtc1lRSXRpZz09
Meeting ID: 826 1905 8853
Donate to Ethos Music Center, whose mission statement says “We believe that all kids, regardless of socioeconomic status or geographic location, deserve access to music education.”
Helpful Zoom Tips
- Zoom is like a video chat with multiple people. Just click the link, and then it will prompt you to download the software. You can run it on your computer, but you can use it on your phone too. It will be difficult to have everyone playing altogether because of latency, so the leader will mute everyone during the song so you’ll hear just the leader singing and playing, and then we’ll unmute between songs so that we can chat.
- Have your music book available on a different device than you’re using for the Zoom (for example, Zoom on your computer or phone, and music on your tablet).”See” you Sunday!
We can only have 100 people on at a time, first come first served.