Sunday, October 23rd from 2-3 Pacific Time on Zoom (see link below)
Who’s Hosting This Sunday’s Virtual Jam?
This week’s jam is hosted by Geralyn Schultz.
About Geralyn: My childhood, college years, and 10 years of professional life centered on playing classical music. I played piano for fun and earned a living playing cello. That was many years ago and I don’t play much classical right now. I envision playing cello in an orchestra again when I retire. These days I’m having fun playing older popular tunes on the ukulele and singing. As a children’s librarian, I also play ukulele at storytime. (I love that two little girls get out their toy ukuleles and jam with me when we sing! Totally adorable.)
Songs for October 23rd
Download the weekly songs here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1obqmnIlH9dS0E4Dx4yvd_NlTDx37kJRn?mc_cid=a930b95f4e&mc_eid=0c9b01c7a2
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Heart’s Content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50S9X7TlbUk
- Mother Nature’s Son
- Farewell Angelina https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcwP2ulxDdY
- Homeward Bound
- Morning Morgantown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_g8QQubIdA
- 59th Street Bridge Song
- I Can See Clearly Now
Anyone who is interested in doing a solo is welcome to! Please indicate your interest in the chat when you sign in so that we can get a count. We might not be able to get to everyone but would love to give you a chance to play in front of other people if we can.
How to Join
Open this Zoom link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84977737722?pwd=MHY3R3JmRmw2UFRUYk1TdEFqUU5sZz09
Meeting ID: 849 7773 7722
Next In Person Jam
Our next in-person jam will be on November 6th. We would love it if everyone that comes leads one song. If you feel comfortable leading one song, please email a copy of the song to Karen at email@example.com. Thanks for considering!
Wilsonville Ukulele Group
The Wilsonville Ukulele Group meets every Tuesday from 9 – 11 am. Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices • 29600 SW Park Place Wilsonville, OR 97070. There is no fee, but you need to sign in with park and rec so they know the numbers. For more information, please go to: Ukulele Jam Group – Wilsonville, OR 2022 | ACTIVE
Helpful Zoom Tips
- Zoom is like a video chat with multiple people. Just click the link, and then it will prompt you to download the software. You can run it on your computer, but you can use it on your phone too. It will be difficult to have everyone playing altogether because of latency, so the leader will mute everyone during the song so you’ll hear just the leader singing and playing, and then we’ll unmute between songs so that we can chat.
- Have your music book available on a different device than you’re using for the Zoom (for example, Zoom on your computer or phone, and music on your tablet).”See” you Sunday!
We can only have 100 people on at a time, first come first served.